Tuesday, March 30

Mere Scribbles On a Page.

Sitting at the desk, I see clouds dancing on the sky;
They fly right by,
Without a care or a frown.
So I smile at them,
But they don't smile back.
Eyes on the prize they fly.

Tears in my eyes I smile at the sun.
Whether its from brightness or sadness, you or I will never know.
The sun smiles back
Until clouds fly right by.
Oh well. I'm blind anyway.

I sing with the birds for a while
But they keep changing keys.
Dancing on the leaves they sing a song I cannot know,
So I look for a smile from the sun.
But alas, he has gone on to bring joy to someone else.

The moon is here instead
Gently crying back at me.
The clouds only magnify her joy and sorrow.
The stars sing a song, this time I sing along.
Their dance is as old as the sky itself.

The trees clap there knotted hands
To a rhythm they never knew.
They sway in peace and solitude.

Someday I will be no more.
The sun will still smile at the clouds,
The birds will always sing their harmonies,
Dissonant with the rest of humanity;
The moon will shed a tear,
But she won't know that I'm not here.

But I know where I go, I can sing,
I can dance.
I can sit with my Father,
My eternal Father,
As he tells stories to me on his lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment